- Favorite T- Shirt spotted at the show: “If I had been flying, Goose would still be alive”
- Favorite discovery: The tower at the EAA Museum – it has a great view of the EAA Pioneer Field Area and this year an incredible view of the Goodyear Blimp landing area
- New Restaurant: The Sushi Restaurant in the Target parking lot where we devoured the tasty, generous, reasonably priced portions they served. Fortunately it is within walking distance of the North 40 as we needed the walk we were so FULL. The waitresses love aviators and made sure we knew we were welcome there.
- Best Forum I attended: Fabric Covering 101 – I did this on a whim thinking I would be bored, but it was very interesting and the hands on training was a blast!
- My favorite people: the Fire Chief, the Bonanza Pilot and the several volunteers that picked me up and gave me a ride when I was soooo tired of walking but not patient enough to wait for a bus
- Average Miles Walked per day (not including the 5K): 12 miles
- Favorite Gimme: the shell Aviation T-Shirt (while not exactly free, the proceeds go the the Young Eagles) which featured their iconic Cow parachuting from a plane operated by “Dairy Air“
Thanks to Stormy for flying us up there in the Lance and to my niece for being such fun and sharing this trip with her old aunt and uncle. Now here are a few of the hundreds of pictures that I took while there (more to follow):