Like the multiple holds delaying a problem filled space shuttle countdown, we stop the clock on our plans as the promised Tuesday 8am delivery for our charge air cooler passes with no appearance of that long awaited part. A frustrated phone call yields a new guarantee which as Wednesday morning fades away becomes worthless.
Wednesday 2pm is the next assured delivery. We pace the shop driveway ready to rapidly unload and position the cooler for installation. Our hands are still empty at 3pm. The cooler shop cleverly decides that because their deliveryman lives near Brian’s shop they will wait until he heads home at 4 and send our part with him to drop off.
Unaffected by our desperate desire to finish this lingering repair, the cooler rolls in unhurriedly at 4:15pm. Storm and Brian turn wrenches a few extra hours to get the install started. They still hope to complete the job in time for us to depart on Thursday. We are scheduled to work at the lighthouse this weekend. I cannot face another two nights commuting from a hotel room.
Thursday at 5pm our RV is transformed back into a movable vehicle and ready to roll. Before I share with you our adventurous, late day ride to the coast I offer this video and these photos taken during our forced sojourn in and around Junction City.