If you follow me on Instagram (sundweathers), then you have been subjected to my attempt at an alphabet photography project this summer. Most alphabet projects like this require only that you find an actual letter and shoot it. My plan was to take a picture of an object that resembled (sometimes closely, sometimes not) the next alphabet letter each day. I planned to start with A and work my way to the end.
My personal rule demanded that I not pre-shoot letters, instead waiting until the day each letter was due to begin my search. Often I was not able to find the next letter immediately so it took a lot longer than a day to take the next shot. I started this project in July and finished it at the first of November. Many, many thanks to Storm and to my friends Matt and Sherry who are infinitely more creative at spotting hidden letters in their surroundings than I am. I shamelessly stole (with their permission) many of their ideas. Sometimes I caved and just took a picture of a letter. I did learn a lot and would highly recommend this exercise to developing photographers (haha – couldn’t resist). In case you missed them, here is a recap of my letter photos.